…a woman washing clothes….
These simple tools are not lifeless. They erase my worries and anxieties for the time being, help me to face the next trial with calmness and fortitude. They are my faithful companions.
1. Camel Artists’ Water Colour Cakes
2. A couple of Camlin round brushes
3. A small Camlin eraser or a Pink Pearl eraser
4. Pilot V5 Hi-Tecpoint roller ball pen with Rotring Isograph black ink in it
5. Staedtler Mars Micro 0.9 mm mechanical pencil with B grade lead. I use this pencil throughout the day for scribbling or sketching. I wish I could use it even in my sleep.
A line and wash sketch of Hagia Sophia, a place of worship built as a Christian church at Constantinople (now Istanbul, Turkey) in the 6th century under the Byzantine emperor Justinian I. Subsequently it served as a mosque, a museum and has recently been converted into a Grand Mosque again. You may want to read my blog post on the recent developments….
Sketching tools: Pentel ENERGEL 0.5 mm needle point ball pen and Camlin Water Colour paints.Read More
I have fond memories of such decrepit, derelict houses of north Calcutta. Those houses, some in utter ruin, take me to my childhood….
Sketch of one of those colonial-era buildings that are still striking reminders of a Calcutta that served as the capital of British India…
An old house that leans on an apartment block….
Sketching tools: Rotring Isograph Drawing Ink (Schwarz Black) in Pilot V5 Hi-Tecpoint Roller Ball Pen and Camlin Water Colour paints.Read More